Tuesday, October 12, 2010

my childhood

Snapshot two: My Childhood.

I am abdulalhi. A man who have a very mind blowing story that I want to share with the readers, but I warn you that once you start to read you may never stop. So here goes nothing. I spent most of my life in a town called kismayo, Somalia. I had a lot of friends and I was very happy to live with such friends with my dear friend of any age. The most of us were in a soccer team. So we were more than friends. We shared the taste of brotherhood which can never be forgotten no matter what. We may have lived in very far places and my friend are still back home but, the memorable days we’ve spent together.
Childhood is a wonderful thing that many take for granted, but as people we always get lost in the moment of the current events in life which ever form it may come in. as a child I remember the only thing I had to worry about was nothing actually and that is one of the most things I miss dearly. As many people say in their adulthood, “I wish the hands of time could be turned back” that only means one thing that childhood is one of the most precious gifts bestowed on us by our creator. For me adulthood was like the honeymoon of someone. I also use to be a cheetah when I describe my behavior when I was a child.
I remember on a sunny day when I was only ten , I was talking with my best friend nabeel; he said to me we would be in America one day and open a business together and I told him if we go to America we should become singers and he laughed at me.
He then said why not become basketball players and make a lot of money and I remember telling him we were short for that sport and he said and I quote” we can drink a lot of milk” If only things we say as a child became true in life, many things as we know in life today as normal would not exist.

1 comment:

lynda said...

Wow, Abdullahi, you have captured something that we often take for granted: how much the responsibility of being an adult crowds out our childhood dreams. It seems that for many of the Somali students that I know, soccer represents not only a way to keep being able to play (as we did when we were children), but also to keep strong community ties.