Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Journal 4

Jamal Ali
English 109.01
Mike Lohre
Journal 4

The biggest factor that affects the children in Both Kozol’s Ordinary resurrections and Cisneros’ The House on Mango Street is the environment, the characters are affected by the neighborhood they live in, they struggle due to that factor.
My Papa, with his Thick Hands, and Thick shoes, who wakes up tired in the dark, who combs his hair with water, drinks his coffee, and is gone before we wake, today is sitting on my bed. And I think if my own papa died what would I do. I hold my papa in my arms I hold and hold and hold him. The writing here is more like poetry because Cisneros is painting a perfect picture, Esperanza goes on by thinking what if she was in the situation and she tends to get a little sensitive and just hold her father.
Esperanza’s is taking on more responsibilities by the day, she is becoming more and more of a women and picking up experience.

No comments: